About Goleta, CA
Santa Barbara’s next-door neighbor can be little more affordable and feel a little less “fancy” with great schools and several commercial districts.
Goleta, Spanish for Schooner, is a quick drive west from Santa Barbara proper. It is known for being the tech sector hub of the county and home to a thriving job market. Residents love the local’s feeling of the area as well as the many fine schools, proximity to UC Santa Barbara, great beaches and exceptional outdoor lifestyle. You will also find a wide variety of single family homes, condos, townhouses and even some ranches.
Goleta is friendly and child and family oriented. The bike lanes, wide open, clean and mostly tourist-free beaches, acres of parks and open space, great shopping, quick and easy access to world-class University happenings and sports facilities. Courtesy of EdHat Community Member
Real Estate Opportunities
Goleta is home to a variety of neighborhoods and housing prospects. Local’s divide Goleta into two main regions, Goleta North and Goleta South. Within these areas, you will find a variety of neighborhoods and home styles. Luckily for you, The Santa Barbara Group’s members, Joe and Garrett, know the area like the back of their hands and will confidently find you the perfect place.
Prices are generally more affordable than many other Santa Barbara area neighborhoods, and our team is known for their savvy negotiation skills, thus giving you the edge you want.
Part of the popularity of living in Goleta is its schools. Goleta has two school districts, Goleta Union and the Santa Barbara School District. Goleta Union offers K-6 as well as Junior High education while Santa Barbara Unified is responsible for the high schools. The seventh and eighth graders attend the Goleta Valley Junior High while ninth through twelfth graders attend either San Marcos or Dos Pueblos High Schools.
Major Employers in Goleta
Due to the influence of UC Santa Barbara, Goleta has numerous employment opportunities, especially in the tech and biomedical sectors. Some of the companies are well know, some are startup and so many seem to have passion at their core.
Below is a list of many of Goleta’s top employers. Naturally, many other job opportunities exist, especially in supportive industries.
- Appfolio offers solutions in the property management world.
- Bacara Resort is one of the region’s top properties.
- Citrix is a Goleta based company. They are best known for their GoToMeeting product.
- Deckers Outdoor makes and distributes footware. Their top brands include: UGG, Teva, and Sanuk.
- Eucalyptus Systems is a cloud computing oriented company.
- Graphiq is a data provider. They are making a lot of positive noise.
- Inogen is a developer of portable oxygen compressor devices based in Goleta.
- Raytheon is a large government military contractor.
- Transphorm manufactures ultra-efficient power conversion modules.
- University of California at Santa Barbara certainly offers many employment opportunities. You’ll find ads on Linkedin and other sites for available jobs.