About San Roque, Santa Barbara, CA
Search Homes For Sale In San Roque
Much of Upper State’s prestige is due to San Roque with its sweet historic homes, tree-lined streets and sense of neighborhood.
As you drive up State Street towards San Roque Road, take the time to visit the San Roque neighborhood. Loosely bounded by State St, Foothill Rd, San Roque and Hope, the San Roque area is home to many architectural styles such as:
- Spanish Colonial
- Monterrey Revival
- Tudor Revival
- French Normandy Revival
- California Ranch
- And a few American Colonials.
The variety of homes combined with curved streets, cul-de-sacs and lavish landscaping give the San Roque neighborhood a lovely feel. Its near perfect weather and local parks just add to the great lifestyle residents brag about. If you are wondering about the name, the area was named for St. Roque, from 14th century France, who is variously labeled as the benefactor of surgeons, bachelors or dogs.
Homes for Sale in San Roque Neighborhood — Shopping & Lifestyle
Besides the comfy neighborhood, people say they like living in San Roque for its proximity to so many stores, shops, and businesses. Many of the streets have sidewalks, making strolling through the neighborhood, with or without your puppy, a common pastime. Below is a very partial list of nearby stores and other place places:
- Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Gelson’s Market, Von’s, Smart & Final
- La Cumbre Plaza is home to Macy’s, Sears and lot’s more.
- Five Points Shopping Center is a great place to find almost anything and includes a Petco, Ross, CVS, Starbucks and lots more.
- Loredo Plaza
- Restaurants Galore including Harry’s, Café Stella, Max’s, Miso Hungry, Chipotle, Via Maestra and dozens more.
San Roque Homes For Sale – Schools
San Roque has a variety of schools serving the families. Residents often choose San Roque schools for their reputation and quality. Please verify the schools that assist your address.